Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Vincent Gallo. I'll salute you at least, as for lazy gig reviewers.....

Vincent Gallo. You probably think you don't know him, but I'd say you have seen him somewhere. He has been in H&M adverts and in films, written music, directed films and so on. Do a search online if you don't believe me.
He is known for his outspoken views, and for generally being hostile in nature, and for that I say, fair play to him. Check him out in Glassjaw's video for the song "Cosmopolitan Blood Loss" to see him play a bitter auld fecker and do what everyone should do to shit buskers! I'll end up like that, and bring it on is all I say. Nice suit and hair by the way.
He once stated  "I stopped painting in 1990 at the peak of my success just to deny people my beautiful paintings; and I did it out of spite." I love it!
I have no idea what his films or music are like, but I'd say he'd be good craic down the pub, so if I ever met him, I'd buy him a beer.


Anyways, enough about that man. My next gripe is with fuckers who review gigs, who know nothing about the band they are reviewing. I went to see the John Butler Trio a few weeks ago, and it was a good gig. To fans of the trio, it was good. But the reviewer in Hot Press didn't seem to know any of their stuff, so just gave a *meh* review. That's like sending me to a Spice Girls gig. I'm going to say it's shit because I don't like the Spice Girls. But if they sent someone who was a pop music fan, and knew the Spice Girls albums inside out, then they could give a more accurate review. The Hot Press reviewer also went on to say the show was too long and an intermission would have been a good idea. What the fuck? Why didn't you just stay at home if you were tired or get someone who actually knows what a John Butler set list or gig will be like. I fucking hate it, and it does my head in. So much so I will write a letter of complaint to Hot Piss!!!
I recall years ago reading a review about an Alice in Chains live album. The reviewer started by slagging off grunge music, and then, surprise, surprise, went on to say that the album was rubbish!!! No shit!!!!


Finally. Grey's Anatomy. STOP HAVING LOVEY DOVEY MOMENTS OVER THE BLOODY OPERATING TABLE WHILE THERE IS A PATIENT WHO COULD POTENTIALLY DIE!! If I was a patient in intensive care, and 2 surgeons or doctors were flirting while they were tampering with my insides, I'd lay into them with my fists once I got better. Who's the main one in it? The skinny one. I can't remember her name in real life or her character. She's so fucked up from her love life, she shouldn't be let near the gates of a hospital, not to mind a scalpel. 
Keep the private life out of the hospital, and get on with your jobs please! Bollox tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment